There is an incredible feeling of shared joy to be a part of the personal growth and professional development that is clinical supervision. I motivate my professional licensure supervisees to realize their professional goals by sharpening their skill sets and provide them with strategies to strengthen the role of social work at their work place.
Some of the highlights of my offerings as your potential Supervisor include:
- Supportive and Comfortable atmosphere
- Integrating theoretical concepts with clinical Social Work and physical and mental health disease processes
- Excellent Record Keeping: when it comes time to obtain your license, you will have easy to access records
- Practical preparation for the application process to avoid any unnecessary hurdles or delays in getting your license
- I will provide consistent hours so that you receive your license in a timely manner
- We will have preparation each session for the LICSW exam to greatly reduce anxiety and build the confidence you need to pass the exam
- We will discuss cultural and family topics to enhance your cultural competency
- Case Study Reviews—application and integrating of theoretical modalities
- Learning how to deal with difficult client behaviors (Axis II)
- You will develop psychiatric and substance abuse evaluation skills as well as further knowledge of the DSM-IV TR.
- I will provide resources for educational opportunities in the community
Experience & Qualifications
I have met the requirements to be an Approved Supervisor by Washington State Department of Health, and have been providing this service since February of 2008. This is in accordance with WAC 246-809-334. I provide clinical supervision for Social Workers and other Mental Health Professionals seeking supervision.
During my 5 years of service as a Medical Social Worker at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland, Washington, I served as a Clinical Instructor and Clinical liaison for MSW students from the University of Washington. During that time I have Instructed and co-instructed over 15 students. I was awarded Clinical Instructor of the Year from the University of Washington in 2006, and have received multiple nominations for this award from my students. Clinical Instruction has always been a passion of mine, and a great way to give back to the community. In the 2007 -2008 academic year, I led Evergreen Hospital to host as many students as UWMC and Harborview MC combined, and was second only to the VA. In 2008, I was recognized at the UW SSW award ceremony for innovative teaching styles.
At my time at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, I also served as the Clinical Student Liaison for UW SSW Affiliate students and helped build the student program there as well.
I have supervised more than 50 MSW's and other Mental Health Clinicians and they have had great success in enhancing their clinical practices and realizing their professional goals.
I look forward to getting to know you and helping you realize your goals.
I charge an hourly rate of $120/ hour for professionals seeking licensure.
Accepted forms of payment include check or Paypal.